Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tool # 10

Three things I'd emphasize about being a good digital citizen:
1.  What you see on the internet is not always fact. 
2.  Stranger Danger applies to the internet as well.  Students have to be careful about online interaction and giving out personal information.
3.  Think before you type.  How will your words make others feel?

I signed up for the i-Safe program and plan to use that to educate myself and my students. 

I think I will teach digital citizenship through a combination of presenting information, conversation, and modeling appropriate v.s. inappropriate.

I'll use open house and parent teacher conferences as a platform for teaching parents about digital citizenship.  It is a great time to discuss my expectations for them and their child and pass on resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment